Monday, January 3, 2011

Changes

I've always loved looking at the changes in the photos of the children from beginning of bonding 'till later, so that what I've posted today. The first picture is on the day I met Denis and the second was taken the day the judge said yes. Oh, the green mark on Denis' head is marker stamp of some kind, it lasted quite a few days.

I haven't seen Denis since the 31st because of the holidays. I'll be back to the baby house tomorrow, it will be great to be with him again. I've started thinking about leaving and returning home. I can't believe I've been here for 7 full weeks. I will be so sad to leave, and not just because I will be leaving Denis. I know the sooner I leave the sooner I'll be back to collect him, no the sadness comes in knowing I will be saying goodbye to the wonderful people I've come to know here. Yulia, Nastya and Andre will be hard to say goodbye to. When I return I'll probably only be in Uralsk for a couple of days. If everything goes right the entire trip will take no more than a week. I'm getting into the final stretch, I can't believe that it is coming to a conclusion, one I've dreamed of for years.

Paka paka

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello you two! What a good looking mommy and her son. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart.
You have been blessed Michelka, because you are such a wonderful person and now a great Mommy.
He is gorgeous, and he is your son. Life is beautiful!
Bozena

Diane said...

What a difference eh?! Lots and lot of love and one on one attention makes a huge difference, he is glowing...as are you!

Christel Ann Cook said...

Congratulations!!! Woohooo!!! FINALLY!! What a long process! Hope the next few weeks fly by!!
Christel