Monday, January 31, 2011

2 Weeks Down 2 Weeks to Go

I'm in the half-way point of my wait to go back to Kazakhstan, in fact I will be back in Uralsk in 2 weeks today. I am so excited with the idea of being back with Denis. On the weekend I bought and set up his toddler bed. Everytime I look at it I just can't help smiling. My little boy is going to sleep there very soon.
It is very strange to be home. Everything is exactly the same, but at the same time nothing is the same. I arrived home on a Sunday afternoon and actually returned to work on the Monday morning. I was jet lagged and stunned but boy was it ever so nice to be earning money again.
It has also been wonderful to have my sister home again. I so missed her while I was away. I have never been away from my sister for such a long period of time. It was really hard. Kathryn is the only one that I couldn't speak to while I was away. And I wasn't able to get much information on how she was doing as I seemed to only get agency/relief staff at the house when I called. I don't know if she understands that her nephew will be here in 3 weeks. I show her pictures of Denis and tell her all about him. She can say something that sounds like Denis, it is really similiar of 'dance' what she calls Lawrence Welk. My brother really hopes that Denis doesn't come to love Lawrence Welk like his aunt.
Now back to more child proofing the house. Where did all that stuff come from?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Like! :)