Friday, November 13, 2009

Still Waiting to Start Paperwork Over Again

Well, I got the final, final, final word that my letter of approval would not be extended and that I need to do a renewal. That's fine, but since I don't know what paperwork I need for this 'renewal' I can't start on the paperwork.

I emailed my AP yesterday, and I learned that she is out of town. She'll be home on Sunday, so she can prepare the paperwork for me to pick up.

As usual, I'm really worried about the local police clearance. That takes over 6 weeks to come back. And we are going into the holiday season, so I don't know how long it will take now. The sooner I can drop off the request the better.

IF I get the form to bring to the downtown police station this weekend, I can take it down after work on Monday, otherwise it might be Friday before I get a chance to go down there again during their open hours.

My AP keeps reassuring me that this is simply my provincial approval. This is just a technicality and that it won't affect my dossier at all. Okay, I get that, but I hate not having all my ducks in a row, signed, sealed and delivered.

In the meantime, I'm working on some redecorating. I was pulling up the carpet in the bedroom. Ummm, aren't the tack strips just supposed to be tacked down themselves. I think my father, God Love Him, put the strips down because they have 1 and 1/2 inch nails ever inch or so. I'm quite handy with the crowbar these days.

This evening I'm going to finally pick a paint colour. I've never really done this before. All my life I've lived in a white house. The array of available paints is so incredible. I could never understand my mother's desire for white throughout the house. We live in a country where the outside view is all white for 1/2 of every year (feels much longer most years). I'm thinking of a soft yellow.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement! I just sat at my computer for 2 hours and printed out/copied everything I needed to do for my dossier. Another mountain of paperwork! SO I guess on Monday, I head off to the notary once again. Do yuou have region assignment yet? If you want to correspond privately, my email is kristen_msn@yahoo.com

kristen