Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where Da Udder One?

At mass today, Denis and I joined the children's liturgy. While the leader read and discussed the gospel, Denis seemed more interested in playing with his juice bottle and being silly. I was amazed by the knowledge of some of the children (3rd grade and younger) they knew the names of the 3 kings who traveled to see Jesus, and what each one brought. I will admit I would have to look that information up and the leader only knew as it was written in his children's liturgy manual.
After the reading the children were invited to complete a craft involving cutting gluing and colour a camel and king. On the paper there was a camel, king, the three gifts of the Magi, and a small illustration of how to construct the finished product.
Denis get his paper and looks at it and says, "Where da udder one?"
I wasn't sure what he was talking about so I asked for clarification. He points to the large king, then to the illustration of the finished product, he counts one and then two, then repeats "Where da udder one?"
I was shocked! Not only was he listening, he has 1 to 1 correlation up to the number 3. Not bad for a 3 year old I'm thinking.

No comments: