Saturday, January 21, 2012

What AM I Teaching Him

We had a wee bit more snow last night. I think we got about 3 cm. I have a contract with a gardening company to plow my driveway, but they usually have some kind of rule about the amount of snow they will come out for and I have to admit it is confusing as I thought this new company said they would come for all snow. Anyway . . .

Denis and I were going out and I decided we'd have to shovel the driveway. I got my snow shovel and gave Denis my emergency car shovel (which lives in the garage instead of my car - good lot it will do me IF I ever get stuck in deep snow). There we were, shoveling the driveway and Denis says he is a 'man'. And then he turns to me and says, "We are two mans working!" HUH!

Okay, so all the people who have done any work around the house or the cars since he came home happen to have been men, and the gardening company (who arrived JUST as we finished shoveling the driveway) are 2 guys, is this enough for my son to think 'mans' do the work. I know I'm the culprit here as I do tend to say things like, "Stand back and let the man finish installing our high speed Internet" etc, etc, but talk about unintentional outcomes.

I'm going to have to work on this!

P.S. Denis has been asking 'Big Snow' for more snow. I don't remember a year with so little snow, and the little that's fallen won't stay long as we are suppose to have temperatures around 9 C (that's plus 9 Celsius) this coming Friday.

I'm concerned these days as we had 2 snowfalls this week, which coincided with me teaching my students a poem called 'Snow'. Next week's poem is called 'Ah-choo'!

No comments: