Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wouldn't You Know It



These are the beautiful Christmas ornaments Two Hearts For Hope , an organization started by adoptive parents of children born in Kazakhstan. The money is paying for some wonderful playground equipment at a Children's Home in Almaty.



I ordered 4 on December 3rd. I knew I would be seeing Marie-Claude and Martin, Diane, and Loretta later in December for our 2nd annual Christmas outing to the pioneer village. Well, come on, wouldn't you know it, they didn't arrive in time for our outing. Nope. And they didn't arrive before the end of the Christmas/New Year's holidays. They arrived at my house on Wednesday, January 6th, 2010. I really shouldn't be surprised, nothing to do with adoptions from Kazakhstan seems to go on a time line I predict.

Here are some photos from our outing to Pioneer Village. In attendance were Sandy and Hector with Maggy, Diane with Ciera, Martin and Marie-Claude with Yerlan, Loretta with Alex and grandmama Aline, and ME. Carrie, Edwin and Aimee were greatly missed.

(Yerlan on his dad Martin's shoulder, Loretta holding Alex)


(Starting at the back, Hector, Maggy, Ciera, and Diane)

While we walked around, Maggy and Ciera decided they were tired and pretended to have a nap on the bench. So Alex decided to join the game and had a nap while sitting in the wagon.

We had a lovely morning at the village followed by a 'great' lunch at a McDonald's with an indoor playground. It is always wonderful to be with my fellow IA families. Diane, Marie-Claude and Martin, and I all had our files go to Kazakhstan about the same time last June. Waiting together is great. Just wish I was going to Karaganda too! I feel like a high school student complaining about my classes every time I do say that.

So Diane, Loretta, Martin and Marie-Claude I'll get the ornaments to you the next time I see you.

Wouldn't you know it! LOL

No comments: