Friday, October 14, 2011

A Snowsuit Forever

The other day, Denis and I went out to Zellers to look at snowsuits. The snowsuits were on sale and we found a 'Cars' snowsuit. Denis wasn't interested in buying it, he was more interested in riding up and down the escalator, but we bought the snowsuit anyway.

So the other night I was putting the snowsuit into the cupboard and suddenly I was so emotional. The new snowsuit in some ways represents Denis staying with me permanently. It is hard to explain, but in many ways having Denis at home seems so . . ., for want of a better word 'temporary'. In many ways it feels like Denis has always been here, but at the same time it is hard to imagine the future. But that evening as I put the snowsuit away (for what I hope will be a LONG time) I could visualize a future with him wearing this new snowsuit.

It certainly is strange the things that bring home the future of our lives together.

No comments: