Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Get Together with Diane and Loretta

Sunday afternoon I went to Loretta's home for a get together with Diane. Loretta's mom and her new son, Alex were there, and Diane of course brought Ciera, and I brought my sister Kathryn. We enjoyed the winter sunshine sitting in Loretta's kitchen, eating the wonderful soup Loretta's mom made for us.

I enjoyed hearing Ciera trying to figure out who everyone was and how they were related. She wanted to know which car we belong to, and of course who was Alex's dad. The mind of a little one is a incredible. Wouldn't it be excellent to be able to go inside their brains and find out exactly what they are thinking at any one time.

Loretta took us for a tour of her beautiful 100 year old home. It is an incredible place. And I love how Loretta has decorated it. When we were going for the tour, I asked my sister if she wanted to go for the tour too. She's still got the very swollen foot from breaking it a couple of weeks ago, so I wasn't sure if she wanted to walk around the house, but she was very happy to join in the tour. After the third room, Kathryn got into the swing of things and started telling me that everything was beautiful. Okay, that's another mind I'd LOVE to be able to get into.

I can't believe how time flew, we arrived around noon, and we finally said goodbye and got out on the road after 5. It was simply a beautiful day and wonderful people to spend the day with. I realized on the drive home that I'd never make it back to Kathryn's group home in time to get her to dinner, so I took her to McDonald's. Boy did she enjoy that.

When we got back to her group home she JUST wanted to go to bed, but I wanted her to stay up until her 7:30 medication. As soon as she'd had her medicine, I took her downstairs and put her to bed. I staightened up her room after putting her into bed, maybe about 5 minutes, and when I went to give her a kiss, she was already asleep. That's my party animal.

Kathryn was totally taken with Loretta's mother. She spent a good part of the day looking at Mrs. B and trying to get Mrs. B's attention. She enjoyed watching Ciera and Alex and didn't seem to mind them at all. At one point, Ciera was leaning against Kathryn and Kathryn just looked down at her.

All in all a great day. I look forward to many more of these get togethers. Our extended Kazakstan family.

No comments: