Saturday, June 16, 2012

Finally

Today was a remarkable day. I brought Denis to day care this morning. We had our usual race to the doors of school, he won as usual (wink, wink). We got to his cubby and put his hat and knapsack away. And then the remarkable thing happened. After 10 months of day care, he finally kissed me, said 'see you later', walked into day care and closed the door on me. No tears, no pulling me into day care, no arguments, no drama.

What a morning to remember! So, is it wrong that I sort of miss the drama? Don't get me wrong, I LOVED leaving quickly and getting on my way to work, but it sort of felt empty as I walked away.

He's growing up, growing up really really fast.

P. S. He sat on the couch yesterday doing attendance (who knew we had so many people living in the house), when he turned to me and said, "That's not acceptable!" What! I wonder if that came from day care, or from me. Too scary!

P.P.S. Why do these programs not like the word cubby, I've been using that word for YEARS as a kindergarten teacher. Come on on-line world, cubby is a word.

1 comment:

D and A said...

I like cubby too! And I know how you feel.