Monday, April 23, 2012

Dreams/ Nightmares


When Denis first came home he had a couple of nightmares which suddenly escalated into months of night terrors. Early March was the last time he's had a terror, but he still has a nightmare once or twice a week. Now that he is able to tell stories he is telling me about his nightmares. A lot are about losing me, and not being able to find me.

This the most recent nightmare he told me about.
He told me that a lady was throwing rocks at the house and she broke the house and the snow came in.

Previous nightmares were about the house being hit by a car and falling down.That nightmare happened just after we saw a house around the corner from ours where a drunk parked his car in a strangers' living room. It makes sense to believe the nightmare was triggered by seeing the actual house. So now I'm wondering what, if anything trigger this nightmare. I understand that nightmares don't have to have anything to do with reality, but then again...

On a totally different wave length, during the early months of Denis being home, I was regularly startled by Denis sticking his face into mine in the middle of the night. Talk about totally scared and shocked in the middle of the night. I remember thinking that I finally found out where those absolutely terrifying SciFi monsters came from, the writers and prop guys were suddenly awaken in the middle of the night by their toddler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking you are there! Remember that you came and went in his little experience. It takes a long time to believe that your own mom is forever and really there for you. I said to Izak that I had to get his Kaz report written or they won't let anyone else adopt from Kaz and He looked panic struck adn asked "what about me?" Forever is a hard concept to believe in even after 6 years!
Sally