Now, how do you answer that question.
Yes, in many ways being a parent finally is exactly like I thought it would be.
- From the sleepless nights to the joy of watching your child do something for the first time has been exactly how I ever imagined and thought it would be.
- I knew there was an intimate relationship between a mother and child that is special.
- I knew there is a secret society of mothers where we just nod or smile at each other and share a ton of acknowledged information.
No, I could never in my life imagined the reality of being Denis' mother.
- I never knew I could love this child as much as I do.
- I could never image that utter terror when he disappeared out of my sight.
- I could never image the sense of contentment I feel when he lays his head on my shoulder or the utter joy when he gives me a kiss just because.
- Could I have imagined days when I have had enough and I can't wait until he goes to sleep.
- Or the relief I feel dropping him off at day care knowing I can have a few hours peace while he has fun.
- I could never imagine a life where my sister's needs didn't come first nor a time where I would realize how exhausting and draining it has been caring for my sister.
- I never thought that he would be a child who would demand my constant attention and find playing alone impossible.
- Did I think I'd be the kind of parent who uses a DVD and tv to get a few minutes peace from my child, NEVER. But that is the reality.
And how come no one ever mentions that dressing a toddler is a full contact sport! I've had so many hits to the head I think I might be needing a hockey helmet.
Is this what I expected, I still don't know how to answer that question. Is parenting your child what you expected. Is what you do today what you expected you would do today?