Monday, June 8, 2009

Still Waiting

D. and I are still waiting for our files to go to the Embassy. It's been over 6 weeks now. D. said she can understand waiting when the paperwork is in Kazakhstan, but having it here in Canada is driving her crazy. I totally understand. I'm beginning to go insane. I knew this process was going to be a total roller coaster, but I didn't realize I was going to be going insane at each stage.

D's file is the first file to go for her program and mine is the first to go for my program. As they are both at the head of the line, I really, really, really hope that they both go to the embassy and on to Kazakhstan together. It would just kill the other if one file went and not the other. You know we are going to take it personally. Our friendship might not take the strain... ya right, I don't think so, we'll just get on the phone and bitch to each other like...usual.

I spent a lot of time with L and her son in the past couple of weeks. That's sort of over now that she is back to work. Unbelievable that it has been over 9 months since she left to travel to Kazakhstan to meet her son. He became a Canadian citizen last month. But according to a letter in the Citizenship package, he doesn't have full rights of a citizen in that he is considered to be a 1st generation Canadian and as such his children if born outside Canada will not be granted automatic citizenship. Okay, I know it is REALLY strange to be worrying about the offspring of a 1 year old, but we were told adopting using the old Immigration process the child would have full citizenship. But this letter says the opposite. We'll have to look into it more. Another hassle for children we haven't even met yet.

I really hope we have good news this week. I know I'm driving myself around the bend thinking and talking about this process, so what I'm I doing to my brother, friends and co-workers. They are probably avoiding me so as not to have to hear what I have to say again. I sound just like a broken record because I keep saying the same thing over and over because nothing has really changed for the longest time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I've just found your blog and sincerely am sorry about your difficulties with your dossier. Of course I don't know all the particulars, but if your dossier has been in translation and now on hold to go to the embassy, hasn't your medicals and such "expired". (the 3 months thing you know... - easy enough to update, I'm sure.) Hang tight, I know it will happen at the right time. A fellow PAP for Kaz has had her paperwork at the embassy since the beginning of February and is just now getting to have it sent through - we hope. Sometimes it just takes a while for the agency to make good connections at the embassy and get things rolling. Our agency kept e-mailing and calling and finally went up to the embassy and made an appt. to see the person in charge of dossiers. Now, things are "supposed" to be rolling for our group. Best of Luck! Thinking of You...

Allison said...

Sending good thoughts your way from a fellow Kaz mom in waiting. We're one the roller coaster for the second time and the waiting is still difficult. Our dossier was just sent to our agency for translation so we still have a ways to go.

Best wishes to you.

Allison
donohoefamily.blogspot.com

Diane said...

D here......yup our friendship would suffer :-) NOT!! But a griping phone call and perhaps some wine would be in order!

Maybe today will be the day we get the news that our dossiers head off across town to our friend the Consul!!

D